Friday, August 8, 2008

Sam's Club

I normally do not make special trips just to go to Sam's Club because of the distance and when you add in the cost of gas, it means the 'deals' are no longer deals. However, I had to go to the town the Sams is at to renew my CPR, and I went and I loved it. You do still have to be careful that what you're getting is actually a deal, but for the things that are cheaper, you can't beat it. For instance, gas is usually about 8-10 cent a gallon cheaper, butter is 7.68 for a 4 lb. pack, and gatorade is about 2/3 the price of Food Lion, and my hubby drinks a ton of gatorade. I also bout a 2 1/2lb bag of nestle chocolate chips for 7.28 along with 80/20 ground beef for 2.48/lb. I was happy and now there are more things in my inventory to do my meal planning from.

Remember, making a special trip just to go to a particular store cuts into your savings, but going to a special store because you have to be in the area anyway just means more savings for you in the long run.

You also have to consider the long term savings of buying at clubs like Sams. They sell in bulk, and if you are going to use it without a problem, then you save in the long run. If you are not going to use it and there will be a bit of waste, you have to calculate whether or not you're actually saving anything.

Just food and ideas and my personal reasonings for your consideration.

Adios amigos!

No comments: