Thursday, July 31, 2008

Pigs in a Blanket

I refuse to buy frozen pre-made pigs in a blanket. This morning I made them homemade and the kids loved them.

pancake mix and water (mix it a little on the thick side)
sausage (cook it first)
minimuffin pan
oven at 400.

put a dollop of pancake mix in each minimuffin well. Put a piece of sausage on top of pancake mix. Top with cheese if you want. Top with more pancake mix (enough to cover the sausage). BAke for 6 minutes. Done!


This should work the same for a homemade corndog, just use cornmeal mix instead, and you made need to adjust your cooking time.

2 comments:

snippity1 said...

Thanks so much for this post...My kids go crazy for those pancake on a stick things, and they are super expensive! I never thought of making it this way! You have just made my day! :)

Anonymous said...

This is the best idea! I am doing these for Christmas Day Brunch! Thanks for the idea!!!